Hot gin twist recipe
In the first half of the 19th Century, one of the most popular drinks in London (particularly in the colder Autumn and Winter months) was a Hot Gin Twist! It was so popular that a 146-line poem was written and published in a newspaper of the time, extolling its virtues – if you’re interested, you can read the whole thing here.
Fancy making your own gin twist? Here’s the recipe:
– 50ml gin ( Why not try our own London Dry Gin – insert hyperlink)
– 25ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
– 25ml simple syrup
– Lemon peel, for garnish
– Boiling Water
1. Fill a glass with boiling water and let it sit for 30 seconds to warm the glass, then discard the water
2. Add gin (ours, obviously!), lemon juice, and simple syrup to the pre-warmed glass
3. Top up with boiling water – add a dash of cold if required to ensure it is drinkable!
4. Gently Stir – and enjoy!